Pursuing social entrepreneurship requires time, energy, a financial investment, and commitment. While some aspiring entrepreneurs have discovered what it takes to successfully develop a business idea for social impact, many are not aware of what this path takes and are simply not built for this.
“I wish I took this course four years ago when I first started my company because it would have helped me to identify that I only had a hobby the first few years of my business. If I identified this sooner, it would have saved me a lot of time, money and frustration. This is a wonderful course for anyone who has a business ‘concept’ that they are trying to formulate into a solid business idea that is worth pursuing.”
“[The course provided] validity and clarity. The course made it manageable to address aspects of my business idea that had previously overwhelmed me. As a result, I’ve been able to better organize and develop those since the course. Preparing the prototype provided a ‘safe’ opportunity to pull all the fragments together which in my case resulted in a preliminary business plan!”
DO GOOD X is here to help you gain clarity about if this path is for you before you invest your time, money, and energy.
In this course, you will:
- Learn what a social entrepreneur is and identify the entrepreneurial gifts you possess
- Discover why you want to pursue entrepreneurship and your business aspirations
- Develop a business idea for social good and design a prototype to test and receive feedback
- Build your confidence to determine if social entrepreneurship aligns with your purpose
This course is for you if you:
- Are not sure if entrepreneurship is for you
- Want to explore how to make a positive impact in communities through entrepreneurship
- Need clarity about an entrepreneurial idea for good
- Are interested in the DO GOOD X Startup Accelerator but do not have a business idea
This course is not for you if you:
- Have already completed the Startup Accelerator
- Have already launched a business
- Aren’t interested in developing a business for social impact
Registration Information & Deadlines
Built for This is a 5-week self-paced course. You will have 5 weeks from your enrollment date to complete the course. To purchase the course and enroll, click here.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does it cost to enroll in this online course?
It is $49 to participate in this course. The exciting news is if you choose to apply to the Startup Accelerator and are accepted following the course, this fee will be applied to your participation in the accelerator.
What does it mean to be a self-paced course?
You can complete and submit activities at your own pace over a period of 5 weeks.
Will I have access to the DO GOOD X team while taking this course?
Yes! You will hear directly from Co-founders Kimberly Daniel and Stephen Lewis and other team members for feedback and insight as you journey through the course. You can also tag team members directly in the online course platform to hear from them!