Pursuing social entrepreneurship requires time, energy, a financial investment, and commitment. While some aspiring entrepreneurs have discovered what it takes to successfully develop a business idea for social impact, many are not aware of what this path takes and are simply not built for this.
DO GOOD X is here to help you gain clarity about if this path is for you before you invest your time, money, and energy.
In this course, you will:
- Learn what a social entrepreneur is and identify the entrepreneurial gifts you possess
- Discover why you want to pursue entrepreneurship and your business aspirations
- Develop a business idea for social good and design a prototype to test and receive feedback
- Build your confidence to determine if social entrepreneurship aligns with your purpose
This course is for you if you:
- Are not sure if entrepreneurship is for you
- Want to explore how to make a positive impact in communities through entrepreneurship
- Need clarity about an entrepreneurial idea for good
- Are interested in the DO GOOD X Startup Accelerator but do not have a business idea
This course is not for you if you:
- Have already completed the Startup Accelerator
- Have already launched a business
- Aren’t interested in developing a business for social impact
Registration Information & Deadlines
Built for This is a semi-self paced course in a cohort of aspiring entrepreneurs. It will launch March 7 and conclude April 1, 2022. Registration will open February 14 and close March 9, 2022. To follow updates about course registration, follow @DOGOODX on Instagram or Facebook.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does it cost to enroll in this online course?
It is $199 to participate in this course. The exciting news is if you choose to apply to the 2022 Startup Accelerator and are accepted following the course, this fee will be applied to your participation in the accelerator.
What does it mean to be a semi-self paced course?
While you can complete and submit activities at your own pace, we provide a recommended schedule to best pace yourself over the 4-week course. We will host a live virtual kick-off call for participants.
Will I have access to the DO GOOD X team while taking this course?
Yes! You will hear directly from Co-founders Kimberly Daniel and Stephen Lewis and other team members for feedback and insight as you journey through the course.
Can I register and start the course after the March 7 launch date?
Yes, you have until March 9 to register and begin the course but you may potentially miss our virtual live kick-off call.