Inspire Entrepreneurs To Do Good
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
Our mentoring community is a network of entrepreneurs, business leaders, and coaches passionate about giving back and supporting social entrepreneurs. SCORE’s report on female entrepreneurs highlights that mentors are vital for success. Specifically, 87% of entrepreneurs with a mentor were still in business after a year. DO GOOD X’s mentors are key to the successful launch and scale of participants’ social entrepreneurial ventures.
Apply If You Are:
An experienced entrepreneur or business leader
Skilled in helping social entrepreneurs launch and grow their business ventures
Motivated by principles of your faith and committed to making a positive impact on people, communities, and the environment
What To Expect
DO GOOD X will provide an orientation each August for mentors accompanying Fellows participating in the Startup Accelerator. Mentors will provide encouragement, share stories of lessons learned, troubleshoot potential problems, and connect participants to resources that will help advance their business ideas.
Mentors can support participants in one of the following ways:
- Journey with 1-2 social entrepreneurs during the entire 8-week Startup Accelerator program and assist them in preparing to pitch their business ideas (10 hours)
- Share your expertise, provide concrete tools, and interact with DO GOOD X Alumni on a video conference call following the accelerator program (2 hours)
We expect mentors to:
- Be committed and responsive.
- Be authentic and direct.
- Listen well with empathy.
- Guide entrepreneurs but don’t dictate their next steps.
- Challenge entrepreneurs and hold them accountable.
What’s In It For You
Join DO GOOD X’s community of mentors and experience an opportunity to:
Use your gifts and pay it forward to accelerate a new generation of entrepreneurs and their ventures for good.
Invest your time in supporting courageous social entrepreneurs.
Guide and coach a new generation of committed leaders, like you, who want to launch an idea that addresses our problems and needs in our communities.